Staff Absence Procedures
Procedure for Normal Absences:
Whenever possible, requests to use leave should be submitted in writing (email) to the employee's supervisor at least three school days in advance of the absence to secure approval and a substitute in advance. It is required that supervisors must pre-approve the use of three or more consecutive leave days. (BOARD POLICY)
1. Put the substitute request in Frontline Absence Management (if one is needed). *
2. Turn in Absence Report Form paperwork to Mrs. Mayson prior to being out.
* See the Frontline Employee Guide here for information on using the absence management system.
Procedures for Travel Absences:
PLAN PLAN PLAN well in advance; be able to explain the reason.
1. Get the Travel Approval and/or Advance Request Form from Mrs. Mayson, complete and then return them to her. (It may take up to two weeks for approval.)
2. Put the substitute request in Frontline Absence Management (if one is needed). *
3. Turn in Absence Report Form paperwork to Mrs. Mayson prior to being out.
Once back from travel you have 10 days to fill out Travel Support Document